- Created on Tuesday, 12 January 2016 11:39
Give Hive a boost with our new soundset Hive Science by Howard Scarr and Kevin Schröder. This soundset is a collaboration between two generations of sound designers at the top of their game. The 300+ presets cover a lot of ground, from edgy cinematic stomps through EDM essentials to brain-warping sound effects. This collection showcases the skill of the sound designers as well as the capabilities of Hive. Perfect inspiration for your next track.
- Created on Tuesday, 15 December 2015 10:37
Protoverb is an experimental reverb based on the idea of a "room simulator". Most algorithmic reverbs try to avoid resonances or model the reflections of sound from a rooms walls. Protoverb does the opposite. It builds up as many room resonances as possible, modeling the body of air in the room. It therefore does not need to modulate or colour the signal. The result is a very natural sounding reverbration with some interesting features: Long standing frequencies resonate louder, as if the air takes some time to get excited. Multiple instruments don't mash into a diffuse mud, they stay distinct. If you play a short melody, the room seems to repeat a ghost echo of that melody. Those properties are indeed found in churches and large halls, but they're rarely found in conventional algorithmic reverbs.
- Created on Friday, 11 December 2015 13:35
We are excited to release v1.4.1 of Diva which adds compatibility for Native Instruments' new Native Kontrol Standard (NKS). The NKS format allows Diva to be integrated with Maschine and Komplete Kontrol S-Series keyboards.
For this update we:
- tagged and categorised all of Diva's factory patches. Now all of Diva's patches are available while browsing in Maschine or Komplete Kontrol, and you can easily save your own patches in NKS format from within Diva.
- defined custom control knob mappings for Diva's entire factory patch library. With Maschine and S-Series keyboards, each patch loads a custom performance page with the most important parameters immediately available. And if you need more control, each Diva module has its own page where more parameters are accessible. Adjust the oscillators, filter, envelopes and effects. No setup required.
The integration between Diva and Maschine or Komplete Kontrol S-Series keyboards means you can easily find what you need and focus on making music.
This is a free update for Diva owners and can be installed over existing versions.
Read more about the NKS format at the Native Instruments website.
- Created on Thursday, 08 October 2015 13:25
Today we are rolling out updates for almost all of our plugins ... even the free ones like Podolski. These updates are the result of a summer long effort of collecting, prioritising, filtering, implementing and refining a slew of outstanding bugs and feature requests. The end result is a long list of improvements and bug fixes. Briefly, the updates are:
- UI improvements:
- All plugin UIs now have 10% scaling, from 70% to 200%.
- The ACE UI is now clearer and has new modulation sources.
- Diva UI was also improved for increased clarity.
- The Zebra2 "Unempty Dark Horse" skin is now complete.
- And finally, a number of small graphics issues in various plugins are fixed.
- Configuration Menu: Bazille, Zebra2, Hive, Diva, ACE and Podolski now have a configuration menu (look for the cogwheel icon). This menu houses:
- MIDI learn: a visual overlay for assigning MIDI controls to the plugin interface.
- MIDI list table: editable list of assigned MIDI controls.
- Preferences: global settings for controls, appearance and audio.
- Host/DAW issues:
- The "Missing UI" in Logic and Studio One is fixed.
- A number of small issues were fixed in Logic X, Studio One, Cubase, Reaper, Digital Performer, ProTools, Maschine and Kore.
- Everything else: These updates include a heap of general improvements: fixed hanging and dropped notes, improved MIDI timing, new FX parameters and much more.
Download the updates (for both Mac OS X and Windows) on each individual plugin page or download all of them on our downloads page.
All updates are free for current owners of the products and can be installed over the existing versions.
The Dark Zebra contains an updated ZebraHZ 2.7.2 as well and is available from your support account (please create one if necessary)
A few more updates are on the way: Satin, Presswerk and TyrellN6 all need a little extra time to make them ready for release. Also, the Linux versions will be updated with the latest improvements. Stay tuned.
- Created on Wednesday, 26 August 2015 08:23
Beatzille is a compact version of our monster modular synthesizer Bazille. Although the "little" brother with a condensed feature set, Beatzille remains a very capable and engaging synth. With the same digital oscillators and analogue-style filter plus the flexibility of modular patching, there’s plenty to keep you busy, before you think about moving to Bazille.
Beatzille was commissioned by German music tech magazine Beat especially for their readers i.e. it is only available on Beat magazine’s own cover DVDs, not from u-he or any of our resellers.
Check out: Beat mag
- 2 digital oscillators with simultaneous frequency modulation (FM), phase distortion (PD) and fractal resonance (FR) synthesis
- 1 multimode analogue style filter (low pass, band pass and high pass) with 6 parallel outs
- built-in stereo delay
- 16-step sequencer with 8 "snapshots"
- signal processors that act on audio or control signals: inverter, rectifier, sample & hold, lag generators and quantiser
- mapping generator (waveshaper) with a variety of drawing tools and controls
- 2 envelopes and 1 LFO for modulation control
- configuration menu to set preferences and assign MIDI controls
- user interface zooms in 10% steps